VPN issues

calvintai2011
Grasshopper

I'm looking to VPN to my work server but I'm receiving an error message

7 Replies

Re: VPN issues

Not applicable

Odd..

What kind/type of VPN does your work server use?

Are you connected at home?  Or to a Shaw-Open public place?  Does it connect from other places outside of work?

Are you using your own router?  Or just the modem/gateway provided by Shaw?

Which model(s)?  Have you tried bridging the modem with your computer connected to the modem, does it work then?

0 Kudos

Same thing here. It connects elsewhere. Using the router...

nomadsludge
Grasshopper

Same thing here. It connects elsewhere. Using the router on the modem. tried L2tp and sstp as well. Trying on my own home modem/router from shaw. Would rather not have to go and buy another router just to "test". 

0 Kudos

just to confirm, you do not have any 3rd party routers/sw...

shaw-tony

@nomadsludge just to confirm, you do not have any 3rd party routers/switches attached to your modem? VPNs should generally work but are unsupported as an advanced setup. Some Community members may chime in on this. 

0 Kudos

I also had the same problem that I was not able to talk t...

Amalano
Grasshopper

I also had the same problem that I was not able to talk to the VPN server at my office. I was also getting the same error message. I had my IT staff look into it. My Daughter was also having the same problem with her work just trying to remotely communicate with her PC using some of the shareware. Her IT guys looked into it as well. after more than 100 hours of working with our IT guys and waiting for Shaw tech support multiple times for their investigations, we all decided that the problem was the Shaw Modem ArrisSBG6782 firmware. I arranged for SHaw to send me a new modem,  Hitron CGNM-2250. It took 4 days for delivery due to the pickup offices being closed due to COVID. I set it up and all is working fine.

There is something wrong with the Arris SBG6782. 

In my case, it is a bad setting in the Arris SBG6782. See...

Amalano
Grasshopper

In my case, it is a bad setting in the Arris SBG6782. See Amalano comment below.

0 Kudos

That modem/router has some protected browsing features th...

rstra
Grand Master

That modem/router has some protected browsing features that may have been interfering with your vpn. 

0 Kudos

How did you set up the hintron to work. I have just bough...

Tommytongue
Grasshopper

How did you set up the hintron to work. I have just bought nord vpn. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help