My Shawbox is saying NoIP and won’t let me set up my box

doysankar
Grasshopper

I have been trying to install my new Shaw box and I did the whole set up but at the very end the box said “BOOT” then “ChIP” and the it said “NoIP”. Can someone please tell me how I can fix this. My internet is working fine so I don’t know what to do now

Tags (1)
13 Replies

Re: My Shawbox is saying NoIP and won’t let me set up my box

shaw-tony

Hey doysankar,

Thank you for reaching out! If you haven't done so already, I'd recommend trying some troubleshooting steps here. If you continue to see the "NoIP" message on your digital box, your best bet is to touch base with technical support so they can investigate further with you.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

noUI on cable box.... and other issues.

burrrr
Grasshopper

Hello, I have been trying now for 5-6 weeks to set up my new cable box and all it is showing on the front screen is 'noUI'. It seems that this is a common issue with the Shaw cable boxes so my question is why hasn't someone from the Shaw tech department bring this issue to the manufacturer of these boxes to rectify the situation. I'm sure there are alot of angry customers out there right now having to deal with the zero compentency of the huge company!! All that seems to matter is the bottom dollar as not so much about customer satisfaction. Those days are long gone. And also, I'm paying for a certain amount of WiFi speed/month and all I am getting is a small fraction of it. Again, zero help!! There has to be a change of thinking going on here people. 

Yours truly, Not satisfied.

-- I have been trying now for 5-6 weeks to set up my new...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@burrrr -- I have been trying now for 5-6 weeks to set up my new cable box.

That is a very long time. What trouble-shooting steps have you tried, and what trouble-shooting steps has a Shaw person told you to try?

How many online-chats and/or telephone-calls have you made to Shaw?

To quote @shaw-tony -- your best bet is to touch base with technical support so they can investigate further with you.

By now, Shaw should have either shipped a different cable-box to you, after guessing that yours is faulty.

If you TEMPORARILY disconnect the coaxial-cable from the TV-box, and disconnect the coaxial cable from your Shaw router, and then connect the router to the cable that previously was connected to the TV-box, does the router properly restart, and provide Internet access? It should, if the coaxial-cable wiring inside your home is OK.

0 Kudos

Hi everyone. I did just what the last respondent advised...

myamigo
Grasshopper

Hi everyone. I did just what the last respondent advised & the internet router worked fine @ the TV location. Lo & behold once I reconnected to the TV to its modem it mysteriously came up! Give it a try.

0 Kudos

Agreed the boxes are crap

Janes2
Grasshopper

Agreed the boxes are crap

0 Kudos

I have had numerous conversation's with Shaw Technical an...

burrrr
Grasshopper

I have had numerous conversation's with Shaw Technical and have done everything they have asked even sent me 2 new( rebuilt) boxes. It is now into October and nothing has changed.Nothing has worked. The problem lies in the cable outlet in the wall itself. I had the outlet downstairs repaired in February after similar issues. The tech replaced something in the outlet and Shaw cable won't let me in on the secret piece. I've yet to have this issue rectified. Thank you Shaw for taking my money month after month for doing nothing but sending us a signal!! Now that is customer support at it's best. POS company........

0 Kudos

Ask for another service call.

rstra
Grand Master

Ask for another service call.

0 Kudos

Yes, my TV box says NoIP, phone went down, and internet,...

Smileboot
Grasshopper

Yes, my TV box says NoIP, phone went down, and internet, too at same time today. So annoyed with pixel squares on stations?

0 Kudos

Hello I am not a bot. We have tried all these things to n...

jmaybroda
Grasshopper

Hello I am not a bot.

We have tried all these things to no avail. We have been waiting for a call back for three days. Our issue seems to be that our cable box is in a SHAW warehouse somewhere. I am 100% positive it's in my home. I am almost positive the fee to add this box has been added to our invoice with no problems. It's a huge problem here... "It's March Madness" (basketball) and I want to watch "Columbo"... Away from the madness...

Sincerely, Jo

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help