Regret getting into the 2 year agreement

CoffeeLover
Grasshopper

I generally like Shaw I'm glad there's a Shaw retail store here in North Vancouver where I live but I do have a 2 year plan/agreement with Shaw which I now regret getting, I guess it's the issue of a lot of stations on Shaw that aren't in HD on Shaw cable because sometimes I wish I was with Telus Optik TV because they have more channels that are in HD than Shaw, in fact thier Essentials TV package (equivalent to Shaw's Limited TV) has more channels in HD (in fact the Essentials TV package has both Vision TV & KSTW CW Seattle in HD & they are not available in Shaw Limited TV (they are only in SD on the Shaw packs they are in)........yes I know there's more important issues in the word, but just want to put that out......oh if I had the money I would get out of the 2 year agreement & do the momth to month thing but unfortunately I can't afford the $400 or so I'd have to pay.

4 Replies

Re: Regret getting into the 2 year agreement

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

if you just signed up recently, you can get out of it within 10 days.  buyers remorse.  

0 Kudos

CoffeeLover
Grasshopper

Actually I’ve had the agreement for a few weeks now unfortunately:(

Not applicable

Shaw is a real mixed bag on services. I'm still with Shaw and do check out the alternative on a fairly regular basis. The lack of HD is a significant issue, especially with the upgrade promises made but not fulfilled at the customer level. Everything (HD) Telus has is now available on Shaw's satellite broadcast system, but little change has been offered on the ground. Telus works hard to attract customers - sweet startup deals, free TVs. Can't say how well they fulfill their contract though. What keeps me in Shaw are 3 things: (a) my household wiring & challenges to change, (b) Shaw community wi-fi and (c) Freerange TV. These are temporary (2-3 more years). So it's up to Shaw if they are really in the biz of delivering TV to their customers. Shaw seems cheaper than the competition but cheapness has real downsides. Even some Corus channels (owned by Shaw), like BBC Canada - HD but not in Shaw - have downgraded the quality of their programming. And now with the constant price increases without substantive upgrades, they only diminish their product. Like a marriage slowly souring. Hope. But....?

This is not true, I called to get a less package, the gir...

cori81061
Grasshopper

This is not true, I called to get a less package, the girl talked me into a Disney channel package. I did the 2 yr contract. By the way this is while I had just lost my Mom, put on disability, chronic illness, just had surgery and Covid fogg. Anyway tried to cancel a couple of days later. They said I couldn't cancel . That I had to pay off the contract. I cant afford to pay this contract off, I cant afford to keep paying this. I end up with $50.00 for food. What can I do, I'm trying to not mess up my credit. Please help me

CORI CAMPBELL
0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help