Recover permanently deleted email on Shaw Webmail

Not applicable

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me out recover a permanently deleted sent email on Shaw Webmail. It may have been deleted in June of 2017 as that was when this email was sent. I also searched within Shaw Forums and see that during this period of time a bunch of emails had "seemingly disappeared" so would like to receive some guidance/help on this.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
5 Replies

Re: Recover permanently deleted email on Shaw Webmail

shaw-tamara

Hi  

We can manually recover deleted emails but only within seven days of them being deleted. Unfortunately if the email was deleted in 2017 it would be too late for us to do that. 

0 Kudos

I had the same thing happened and wondering what the next...

Paul20
Grasshopper

I had the same thing happened and wondering what the next steps are to retrieve?

0 Kudos

> what are the next steps? First, check that your E-mail...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> what are the next steps?

First, check that your E-mail program is NOT set to show only the UNREAD messages, i.e., that it is not "hiding" any messages from your view.

Second, although some Shaw employees voluntarily contribute on this forum, I recommend that you telephone Shaw: 1-888-472-2222, and get "official" technical support from a Shaw employee.

Hi. I have a similar issue to that written about in this...

kasparent
Grasshopper

Hi. I have a similar issue to that written about in this thread except the deletion was recent.

About three weeks ago, something - I thought some possible keystroke on my cell phone - somehow sent my entire inbox (which was embarrassingly full) to trash.

I was gradually going back to the trash folder and recovering what I wanted and permanently deleting what I didn't want. I was doing this in reverse chronological order. I hadn't gotten through 2019.

Then, yesterday, I was searching for an email to help with the completion of my taxes, wasn't I just shocked to find that my entire trash can had been emptied! I'd say it was seven years worth of Shaw emails, some which were very important.

I know that I could do better with managing my emails. I have found that searching using Outlook through emails worked better than filing what I wanted elsewhere. I guess that was a poor approach. But I have to add that if I was to delete emails, it wouldn't have been the seven years worth of emails that somehow ended in the trash.

Please advise of how I might retrieve these so I can make decisions on the ones to keep. As a show of good faith, I did just permanently delete an entire 63 MG folder to make some room.

0 Kudos

Shaw may be able to retrieve some emails, I think they ha...

rstra
Grand Master

Shaw may be able to retrieve some emails, I think they have brief window of time that they can do this, best to give them a call. 

TALK TO US
We're here to help