Gateway bug: recording crashes gateway

Not applicable

there seems to be an odd bug in the gateway. At random times there will be a certain recording that either crashes the gateway or makes it unusable/unresponsive.

details:

-play the problem pvr recording

-the bar that shows duration is clear (no orange/gold fill as usual)

-I can fast forward/rewind without issue

-at the end of the recording, when I press info on the remote, the menu that comes up shows the live tv info INSTEAD OF the info of the pvr recording

-I go into pvr recordings and delete the recording from there

-once I delete it, the frame is frozen on the screen and the gateways is unusable or crashes. Will not respond to remote commands.

-the only way I could get it to work again is unplugging the power and plugging it back in.

this is an ongoing issue; please resolve 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Gateway bug: recording crashes gateway

shaw-tony

Hey instagood,

I haven't heard of any other reports of this issue. Can you tell me which specific show/channel you are noticing this issue with or is it just a random recording, at a random time? It may be a software issue, an update to your Gateway may need to be manually pushed through. I will recommend reaching out to our technical support team to investigate further with you.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Off the top of my head I can say that I have noticed it with a recording from channel 208 and another time it was paramount network channel. (It has happened from recordings on other channels also I just can’t remember exactly which ones)

It’s random and has happened on HD and SD channels

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

instagood Thank you for the details. Your best bet right now is to touch base with our technical support members to push an update to your equipment to see if the problem persists. If it continues to persist, a service technician can be booked to further investigate and fix the issue.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help