Does Shaw offer any internet security apps for android users like they offer for PC users?

13mo2
Grasshopper

I am wondering if Shaw offers any internet security apps for users of Android devices? I know that they offer such software for PC users but what about users of Android devices? 

5 Replies

Re: Does Shaw offer any internet security apps for android users like they offer for PC users?

shaw-tamara

Hi 13mo2 

We just have McAfee Internet Security which only applies to Windows PCs. 

0 Kudos

Re: Does Shaw offer any internet security apps for android users like they offer for PC users?

13mo2
Grasshopper

Is Shaw going to be offering any sort of security protection for android devices in the future? Does Shaw recommend any security apps for android? 

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

13mo2 I personally haven't heard of any plans for this. If it does become available, we will certainly announce it on our website. I believe there is a mobile version of McAfee, there is a cost for using their services on mobile. I'd recommend touching base with your mobile carrier or the device manufacturer to see which is the best program available for them. You can find our third-party support resources here. Hope that helps.

0 Kudos

Why?

jennycollier99
Grasshopper

Why?

0 Kudos

-- why? Why not? If you receive an E-mail with a virus-in...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@jennycollier99 -- why?

Why not?

If you receive an E-mail with a virus-infected attachment, would you like to know, so that you don't pass the attachment to one of your friends?

There do exist computer-viruses that target the MacOS operating system, and also "browser-hijackers" that pop-up annoying advertisements when you web-surf.

From a web-search for: free anti-virus software for mac I saw an article on the MacWorld web-site:

Though Sophos does offer a good free version of its software, Avast Free Mac Security edges it out as the best free antivirus software for macOS.

That seems to be a reasonable assessment.

So, does Shaw need to distribute something that is "free" to use from two reputable companies?

TALK TO US
We're here to help