What is the "SPF Include" Syntax that would allow SPF inclusion

livecast
Grasshopper

Please provide correct syntax required to add to our SPF record.

We need to send email from Outlook to our own email server (we are using  shawmail.vc.shawcable.net as Ougoing mailserver within Outlook Settings).

Specifically, I need to know what the "SPF Include" should look like. The following does NOT work (SPF SoftFail) - v=spf1 include: shawmail.vc.shawcable.net v=spf1 include:spfc40.carrierzone.com ~all

If we just have SPF TXT record as v=spf1 include:spfc40.carrierzone.com ~all, then all works properly

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: What is the "SPF Include" Syntax that would allow SPF inclusion

shaw-tamara

Hi 

We can support setting up Outlook using the instructions on Email Setup Instructions  but anything beyond that would be unsupported. I'd recommend reaching out to Microsoft support if you're having issues with any advanced settings. You can find their contact information on Third Party Support Resources

0 Kudos

Hi.  I have the same question but your links didn't reall...

BrockD
Grasshopper

Hi.  I have the same question but your links didn't really answer the SPF inclusion question - just all the other setup options (which is helpful, but doesn't answer the question)!

0 Kudos

Just to clarify, are you trying to send email from a Shaw...

shaw-valerie

@BrockD Just to clarify, are you trying to send email from a Shaw email address to another email address that you own on another domain, or are you trying to send emails from an email address on your own domain, but routed through the Shaw outgoing email server? 

0 Kudos

Hi.  To clarify we are trying to send email from our doma...

BrockD
Grasshopper

Hi.  To clarify we are trying to send email from our domain email (me@mydomain.com) but through the Shaw smtp server (shaw.ca).  So i am wanting to modify my spf record to account for that but am uncertain what to put in there for the Shaw email server?

0 Kudos

Thanks! Entering by domain, you'd want to use 'mail.shaw....

shaw-valerie

@BrockD Thanks! Entering by domain, you'd want to use 'mail.shaw.ca' or if you're entering by IP use 64.59.128.135 and 64.59.136.142 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help