Shaw Webmail does not load using Microsoft Edge browser

phewgill
Grasshopper

I am able to enter login credentials but does not go past loading screen when using Microsoft Edge browser.  Other browsers work as expected.  I've cleared internet cache and reset to default internet settings.  This started after a Windows Update, experiencing this on two laptops.

Labels (1)
25 Replies

Re: Shaw Webmail does not load using Microsoft Edge browser

shaw-tony

Hey phewgill,

Thank you for reaching out! I haven't heard of any other reports of Webmail issues with the Microsoft Edge Browser. Since Webmail is working in other browsers, I'd recommend reporting this to Microsoft here so they may address this issue. 

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

klepape
Grasshopper

Same here, won't load Ajax, hangs at the loading notification. Will load HTML. Began 2 weeks ago after latest MS update. Cleared cache, reset permissions, no joy yet.

0 Kudos

klepape
Grasshopper

Okay, I went through the pain and frustration of reporting it to MS and online support. Which resulted in the default action of a complete reload of Windows 10 (what a useless tech does when they have no clue). Now reconstructing all my stuff/preferences, deleting crap. Joy. Not.

Further research on my own did, however, uncover this:

Ajax UI fails in Edge, works in Chrome, all users - Page 3 - Zimbra Forums 

It's a known bug with the latest (1809) build of Windows 10 and Zimbra has created a working patch. So Shaw needs to get this installed. Please and thanks.

shaw-tony

thank you for the specific details. I will forward this to our engineering team to work on a resolution.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

The same is happening to me, just started on March 8 after Windows update.  Let's me sign in but just spins and says it is loading but goes no further.  Using Edge on Windows 10

0 Kudos

mrveronn
Grasshopper

I am experiencing the same issue with Microsoft edge, have to use HTML...please fix...!!!

0 Kudos

rstra
Grand Master
MIcrosoft Edge doesn’t support Java and I believe that Shaw Webmail runs on Java.

0 Kudos

klepape
Grasshopper

Except that the Ajax UI for Shaw Webmail worked fine for over a year... until the last Win10 update. Further, this is all detailed along with the patch from Zimbra that fixes the problem. As linked to in my post above...

Have no idea why it's taking so long for Shaw to update...

0 Kudos

Not applicable

I also have this problem, basically since I bought this computer.  I have to use another browser -- which doesn't support other sites I use.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help