Number of tuners ? Something isn’t right🤒👎

legend
Grasshopper

I’ve read that BlueSky can record 6 shows at at time. I can only record 4 and on top of that,I can’t watch a different show while the others are recording . Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Number of tuners ? Something isn’t right🤒👎

shaw-tony

Hey legend,

Thank you for reaching out! The BlueSky TV box has 6 tuners. It certainly depends on your setup. For example, if you have a single TV setup in your home. You can record up to 5 different channels, and watch/record the 1 current channel. On the other hand, if you have a two TV set up, you can record up to 4 different channels as the two TV sets will take up 1 channel stream each. I hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions!

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

legend
Grasshopper

Ido understand this part. I have three tvs so I have 2 satellite boxes. If I'm not watching on any of the other two tvs I should be able to record 6 shows or 5 and watch one, this is not happening. 1 tv on only 4 shows record and can't watch live. Is this right or wrong for this to happen. 

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

this is the expected function with a 3 TV set up. When the other portals are on standby, they will be using up a tuner. In order to fully utilize the 6 streams, those other 2 TVs would need to be on the channel you are looking to record. Your main BlueSky TV box uses 1 tuner, the two portals will use up 2 tuners, leaving you with 3 tuners for recordings. If you record 4 shows, your main BlueSky TV box can only navigate in between the 4 shows you are currently recording. However, you can still access VOD and Netflix as they do no use a tuner. Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help