AnsweredAssumed Answered

Why is the Sportsnet Guide Always WRONG?

Question asked by gregjm on Mar 10, 2013
Latest reply on Mar 12, 2013 by esham

As I type this, I am watching the live FA Cup Match - Man U vs Chelsea.  My 3510 PVR guide reads English Premier League Liverpool vs Spurs.  These are VERY, VERY different matches.  Why is the Sportsnet family of channels such a mess?  Why is the guide rarely right and then only within 12 hours of the match (IF AT ALL)?  I have taped a number of matches with names like "Europa League - Teams TBA" .  I have had to tape "2009 FA Cup" for 1000-1200, and then again from 1200-1400, just to get a live Premier League Game that every media outlet in the world says is on from 1100-1300.  They should know too - it was only scheduled a year ago!  I am almost at the point of giving up on the guide and taping broad chunks of time on spec, based on what is on the Sportsnet website.  I am paying a goodly amount for Sportsnet World so as not to miss big games.  This consistent inability to update the guide is costing me games and causing aggravation.  I can accept that things change from time to time, but this is not about unexpected changes.  This is pure disregard for loading the guide correctly at the outset.  Why have a guide that looks out two weeks, if I am reduced to getting up at 0600 every morning to check it and hope it has been updated to something relatively close to reality?  It is the 21st century.  Why is this so hard?  Sportsnet World is particularly bad, but none of the Sportsnet channels is very good.  I do not know where teh break down is between Sportsnet and my PVR box, but this needs to be addressed and soon.

Outcomes