Sound not syncing with picture

peteyms
Grasshopper

We have had Blue Sky since we moved to Qualicum Beach in August 2017 and have had nothing but problems with the sound being out of sync with the picture. Have called numerous times, had tech's out and the problem still persists. We have tried everything, changing boxes, power off and back on which fixes the problem for a short time but it always comes back. It was suggested the problem was with our Samsung TV (There are millions upon millions of Samsungs being used so I find that explanation hard to believe). I might accept as the cause other than the problem exists on our iPads using FreeRange TV. How is that possible, Free Range has nothing to do with the cable system.

Paying a lot of money for an inferior service, and as someone mentioned the support leaves something to be desired. You can't get though on the phone or Chat without an extremely long wait and now the option to leave a number for a call back has gone. 

Quite disappointed and hoping Shaw does something to rectify the problems they have with their cable system so we can enjoy what we are paying for rather than feeling we have to live with the problem.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
76 Replies

Re: Sound not syncing with picture

shaw-tony

Hey peteyms,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out! I am very sorry to of the ongoing issues you've been experiencing with your BlueSky TV setup. I understand it can be frustrating to try to reach us by phone during busy times, so I just wanted to let you know that we also offer support over Facebook and Twitter here. I haven't heard of any other reports of the audio not synchronizing with the picture. Are you noticing this problem with certain TV shows or is it with all content on all channels? Do you notice this issue on just 1 TV set or is it prevalent on multiple TV sets? Also, does all PVR playback also show the same problem? Let me know so we can get to the bottom of this.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

peteyms
Grasshopper

Hi Tony,

There has been mention of this in the community elsewhere. The problem will show up on any show,. We watch a lot of news, especially CNN and MSNBC, but it also happens on local news as well as regular TV shows. Happens on all 3 TV sets ( one is worse than the other two) including our iPads which are using FreeRange TV so this makes no sense other than to assume it is a problem at the broadcast source. Unplugging or turning off the power on the PVR or one of the remote boxes fixes the problem temporarily and it may be fine for several hours, then it goes out of sync again. Switching stations on the iPads sometimes helps, but not always. It does also happen on PVR playback, but not as often as the live broadcasts. Have not noticed it on Netflix or Pay for View, or on Demand that I recall.

Peter

shaw-tony

peteymshmm, that is very odd. I know that there is a ticket sent for CNN to fix their feed from the studio(pixelization issues). As for the rest of the channels, there are no known issues nor have I seen any issues on our local test station. FreeRange TV is working as expected, no unsynchronized video/audio as I use it every day (Samsung S8 and on a Chrome web browser). It may be an issue with the internal networking in your home for the BlueSky TV setup. I'd recommend touching base with our technical support team to further investigate this or to schedule a senior technician to review your signal connections.

0 Kudos

peteyms
Grasshopper

Will try calling again and ask for a senior technician, the other service guys that have come had no answer or solution.

Peter

Hello, we are in Parksville and having the same issue wit...

MC25
Grasshopper

Hello, we are in Parksville and having the same issue with the sound not syncing to the picture. It was only when we switched to blue sky. I agree that paying for this inferior service is ridiculous. 

And, I’ve read a lot of similar issues on Shaw’s forums. But, instead of actually fixing it all I see is Shaw offering a couple tips to go into the settings, and if that doesn’t work it’s OUR fault. No Shaw, your service isn’t working properly. 

So so instead of denying it or acting Ike it’s an isolated incident please ACTUALLY FIXIT 

I also have this problem on my most remote television onl...

Junkman
Grasshopper

I also have this problem on my most remote television only.  It makes watching almost impossible.  I agree this is a Shaw Blue Curve problem as I hadn’t experienced it previously.  I have always used Shaw and have previously been very happy with the service but I now pay more for Blue Curve and the service is substandard.  If Shaw can’t correct this I will have no choice but to look elsewhere for my cable service!

I also have same problem. Just got blue curve last month...

dfrog
Grasshopper

I also have same problem. Just got blue curve last month but have out of sync sound and network disconnecting when turned off at night. Have not even addressed sync problem yet. Not fun watching out of sync programing!

I just got a bluecurve a few weeks ago and I have the sam...

Joeb99
Grasshopper

I just got a bluecurve a few weeks ago and I have the same problem. Sound is out of sync with live tv and PVR recordings

Strange, I just hooked up a brand new Panasonic GX800, an...

ken576
Grasshopper

Strange, I just hooked up a brand new Panasonic GX800, and attached my Samsung surround sound. When the TV runs independent of the surround sound there is no issue. As soon as I connect (BT)  the surround sound to the TV I have the sync problem. When I hook up the surround to my old tv no problem. From my understanding of things the issue may very well lie with the audio "SAP" setting in the shaw box, and you can't turn it off, you can only reset it, which does nothing to rectify the problem. When I run Netflix from Firestick and watch a movie, there are absolutely no sync problems, even with the surround sound turned on and active....So, in my opinion, it all comes back to the SAP issue and the shaw box, shaw needs to allow users to turn off the SAP setting to see if this eliminates the problem

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help