PatriciaLynn

patricialynn
Grasshopper

I’m having real difficulty teaching my elderly mother how to use her new Shaw remote. I’m not exactly sure of the model, but she just got it in Jan 2019. The remote features a large green button in the top centre. We were told to turn the tv (and the digital box) on she just needed to push the large green button in the centre. Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn’t. I think maybe sometimes the digital box is not coming on. As there is some message about source connection problems (?). I think we were told to turn off the TV she had to push three buttons: small green, small black and then small green again. If I do this three step process the tv turns off but then turns on again!!! I feel that this can not be correct information and that because we have this turning off process wrong this is why the tv sometimes comes on and sometimes not. 

Any help appreciated. She doesn’t have a DVD player. Her TV is a ‘smart tv’. Please help me I am very frustrated. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: PatriciaLynn

shaw-tamara

Hi  

We're sorry to hear you're having some troubles with your remote. I suspect the remote you have is the Champion as it has the large green button at the top - this button can be programmed to turn the tv and cable box off and on at the same time. It's possible that this has gotten out of sync - if you happened to turn the tv off another way, and then press this button it might be turning the TV on and the box off and vice versa. Can you try making sure both the tv and cable box are on at the same time, and then use the larger green button to turn it off and on? If that doesn't work properly please let us know.

TALK TO US
We're here to help