how to enable bluecurve pods

rahulrelan
Shaw Squad

I have a bluecurve pod.. how do I enable it?

Labels (2)
5 Replies

Re: how to enable bluecurve pods

Not applicable

Plug it into the outlet, and follow the prompts in the Shaw Home app. Open the app and navigate to  More/Shaw Devices/Bluecurve Pods.

0 Kudos

shaw-tamara

Hi rahulrelan 

I think techjunkie  summed it up pretty well, but if you're still having trouble getting your pods set up, you can also find detailed instructions on how to do it here: https://community.shaw.ca/docs/DOC-18601

0 Kudos

rickatk
Master

Something I have learned is that there is a max 200Mbps throughput limit on the pods. Be sure to place them well away from the router so your devices will use them properly. Too close and your devices may jump on the pods rather than the faster router. Alternatively they may connect with the pod then skip onto the router rather than using the router directly. 

I am finding I may not even need the pods. I have a fairly large area with few grey spots. I have the pods placed in the nether regions of the house right now testing their effectiveness. Time will tell if they are even required.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

I found the same thing. I ended up returning my Pods, as nothing ever seemed to connect to them. 

0 Kudos

rickatk
Master

Using the Blue Curve Home app I can see exactly which devices are connecting to the pods and which to the Gateway. I am seeing some of my devices are indeed connecting to the pods as I hoped. In one case an Apple TV is connected to a pod but in another room(further away from the Gateway) the Apple TV is connecting  to the Gateway.

My Bose speakers are connecting to the appropriate pods.

I suspect this is all part of the pod positioning and  learning process.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help