Audio Dropout when Replaying Recorded Program

jazzman
Grasshopper

Audio Dropout Problem

I have an Arris Gateway with a Western Digital external had drive connected.  For several months now, we have experienced audio dropouts lasting maybe 30 seconds when replaying recordings from the Gateway PVR.  This does not happen when watching a live program.  What do I need to do to fix this very frustrating problem?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Audio Dropout when Replaying Recorded Program

shaw-tamara

Hi  

Have you tried removing the external hard drive to see if you have the same audio issues when watching a recording? If not, I'd start with that so we can see if it might be an issue with the external drive. Let us know how that goes! 

jazzman
Grasshopper

Thanks, Tamara

I noticed this morning that the External Hard Drive item in the Menu says that "an error has occurred when connecting the external hard drive".  I was wondering if this error could be associated with the audio dropout.  But if the external drive is currently not connected, then programs getting recorded just now must be getting stored on the PVR's internal hard drive.  I have noticed that the "percent full" numbers seem unusually high for the number of recordings.

The Menu offered two options:  1. reconnect; 2. reformat. I don't want to reformat until all the stored content has been viewed or deleted, and I don’t want to risk the “reconnection” option for the next three days, as we are recording several hours each day of “The Masters” golf tournament.  I’ll give it a try Sunday evening, and report what happens.

0 Kudos

jazzman
Grasshopper

In case it matters, the Gateway unit is an Arris AX013ANM.

0 Kudos

shaw-tamara

Definitely sounds like something is up with the external hard drive. I would start with trying to reset the box using the steps on https://community.shaw.ca/docs/DOC-1044 - you can wait until Sunday if you want to give it a try after then. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help