Shaw Freerange website and Google Chrome issue

bwalline
Grasshopper

Looking for help with Shaw Freerange using Google Chrome.  I have the latest updates for Google Chrome browser but can't get it to load Shaw Freerane website.  Originally had issues with Flash but have set that to allow.  Now the website start to load and the address bar briefly shows addingdevice but then once that disappears it says Now Connecting to Your Entertainment Experience but just sits there spinning it's wheels and never loading.  I have noticed that down in the bottom left hand corner of the browser it says Waiting for xtvapi.cloudtv.comcast.net and keeps flashing up.  I have check and the website is up, I have also confirmed using Opera browser and the issue is not repeated.  Only seems to happen with Chrome.

Has anyone else had this issue and know how to fix it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I was hoping to use Chrome since it is easier to Chromecast shows.

Labels (2)
5 Replies

Re: Shaw Freerange website and Google Chrome issue

bwalline
Grasshopper

I should add that I did find a previous thread with a similar issue that suggested disabling extensions in Chrome was a solution to this problem.  I have tried that and not been able to get it to work.

Thanks

0 Kudos

bwalline
Grasshopper

Ok, so I managed to make a little bit of progress.

I reset all chrome settings to default and logged out of my google account on chrome.

After doing this I used a chrome browser page with no one logged into chrome and loaded up Freerange and the website worked.

I then used a chrome browser window that still had my login info after the reset but showed paused, I assume this was chrome sync to my account.  I loaded up the Freerange website and it loaded fine.

Next, I took the page that was paused and relogged back into my Google Chrome website.  Once I was logged back in I was unable to load the FreeRange website and the problem persists.

I should mention all extensions are disabled.

It appears there is some setting in my Google chrome account that does not default and when I re-log back in it gets changed.  What it is I have no clue.

Thoughts?  Suggestions?

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

Hey bwalline,

Thank you for reaching out and trying all those troubleshooting steps. It sounds like there may be a setting or cached history in your Google Account on Chrome that is causing FreeRange TV to not work. If you create a brand new Google Chrome account and login does FreeRange TV load normally? I will recommend resetting your cache and syncing that to see if it helps.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

How to make Blue Curve work on a Chromebook

Finally
Grasshopper

1. Change browser to DuckDuckGo.

2. I this browser go to Shaw Blue Curve Total/ High Speed Internet  and TV Bundles website.

3.Go to TV button at the top and open the dropdown. 

4. Click on Blue Curve TV app.

5.Click "Watch now" button under "Free your TV".

6.Go down to "Anywhere. Anytime. Any Device". heading and click on "watch online".

7.Sign into your account as well as enable your flash to allow this site. Go to search bar and click on lock at the beginning of it. Allow this site if given the option or click on site settings and go down to flash and allow it.

You can't get Blue Curve app through Playstore to work.

0 Kudos

Shaw doesn't seem to know what to do with this issue with...

ReynaldoFlores
Grasshopper

Shaw doesn't seem to know what to do with this issue with flash unable to run when connecting to bluecurve,shaw.ca

Well I found the fix.

Goto Settings -> Advanced -> Site Settings -> Click on All sites View permissions and data stored across sites right arrow -> search for Shaw with sub links i.e. bluecurve.shaw.ca.  Click on the link and it will display all the Permissions for this URL.  Scroll down and click on Flash and change the option to Allow.  

Done.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help