Modem location adjustment

kbolsen
Grasshopper

After I move unplug my modem and move it to another area of house (re hook up coax and power) I don't get any signal. DO I have to re-set the modem?

Labels (1)
4 Replies

Re: Modem location adjustment

shaw-tamara

Hi kbolsen 

It sounds like the outlet that you moved the modem to might not be active. Have you ever had a modem or tv connected to this outlet in the past? If you haven't used it previously, and you can't get a signal, I'd suggest getting in touch with customer support so they book a tech to come activate it for you. You can find the contact information on https://www.shaw.ca/contact-us/

0 Kudos

kbolsen
Grasshopper

Hi Tamara, I just recently moved into the duplex so I'm not sure - I just assumed all coax outlets in the house would be active after the initial set up process.

I already went through the set up with shaw and have internet working downstairs in living room but just wanted to relocate the modem upstairs to a bedroom.

0 Kudos

shaw-tamara

Ahhh, ok! It's possible that the previous occupant didn't use the outlet, and the tech likely wouldn't have checked it or activated it if no equipment was being hooked up to it during the initial installation. There is no fee to activate an existing outlet, so if you want to have a tech come by you can arrange an appointment with our customer support team.

Not applicable

When it comes to improving your home Wi-Fi coverage, it's easy to think that a new router or added piece of equipment will solve all of your wireless woes. To an extent, that's true, and a new mesh router or Wi-Fi extender will definitely give you better coverage in a large home. mykfcexperience

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help