PVR showing the wrong time. How do I fix?

kypor53
Grasshopper

My PVR boxes are set one hour back from the actual time and because of that the guide isn't working properly. How do I fix this? I tried unplugging for a minute and plugging back in, but that didn't work.

Labels (1)
3 Replies

Re: PVR showing the wrong time. How do I fix?

shaw-tamara

Hi kypor53 

Has it been like this since the most recent time change? Sometimes this can happen if there is a signal problem preventing the box from updating correctly. What type of cable boxes do you have? If you have BlueSky TV or a Gateway system, you can try unplugging the power from the main box and then while it's unplugged, unscrew the coax cable from the back of the box and reconnect it. If possible we'd also recommend unscrewing the cable from the main outlet as well as any splitters on the line, and then once that's done you can reconnect everything and plug the power back in. If the time doesn't update after you try that, I'd suggest getting in touch with our technical support team as they should be able to reset it for you from our side. You can find our contact information on https://www.shaw.ca/contact-us/

0 Kudos

kypor53
Grasshopper

It has been like this since we had our internet and TV installed on Tuesday. I tried unplugging everything and the time still shows incorrect. I guess I'll go phone tech support

0 Kudos

shaw-tamara

You can also use chat or social media support if you have a Twitter or Facebook account. That way you don't need to wait on the phone, so it might be a little easier for you. They should be able to get it fixed for you pretty quick. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help