I might need to move to Ontario

Not applicable

Hello, currently I am on 2yr plan and in the middle @ Saskatoon, SK. I might need to move from here to Toronto, now I need to know:

1. Is Shaw Internet available @Toronto?

2. If Shaw is not available there, will need to pay CAD 15/month until my remaining months out of 24?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: I might need to move to Ontario

shaw-tony

Hey hasanrasel,

Thank you for reaching out! I'd be happy to answer your questions.

1. Shaw Internet is not available in Toronto

2. If you decide to move, you will need to pay the Early Cancellation Fee of $15/mo for the remainder of the Value Plan contract. 

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

Is Shaw Internet available in toronto right now?

OLOUQAQ
Grasshopper

Is Shaw Internet available in toronto right now?

0 Kudos

No

rstra
Grand Master

@OLOUQAQ  No

0 Kudos

-- in the past, TELUS has offered me a "buy-out" of my cu...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@OLOUQAQ -- in the past, TELUS has offered me a "buy-out" of my current two-year Value Plan, namely $20/month, for each remaining month, if I were to cancel my account (and pay Shaw $20/month as the cancellation fee). The Shaw fee is $15/month, if you only have one service (Internet), or $20/month, if you have more than one service.

However, I think that TELUS is not available in Toronto, leaving you with the choice between Bell & Rogers & some "reseller". Maybe, one of those providers will offer you a "new subscriber" discount, or some "buy-out" money?

Give the imminent take-over of Shaw by Rogers, can you wait until the take-over is a done-deal?  Maybe, when you become a customer of Rogers in Saskatoon, Rogers will let you move your services to their network in Toronto.

Otherwise, cancelling & paying $15/month costs less than continuing to pay Shaw $100/month for the remainder of your two-year contract. 

P.S. Got any friend in Saskatoon who is on a "month-to-month" plan with SaskTel/Shaw? After they cancel -- for no fee -- you can move your Shaw service to their location, and change the billing-information to your friend. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help