HD box rebooting continuously

mamainbc
Grasshopper

For 2 days now my HD Box keeps rebooting on its own, comes back on but I can’t do anything on the remote then robots again then comes up with Shaw login error will retry in 5 mins etc. Over and over. Tried unplugging but it does the exact same thing again. Box screen says PSLd but it also resets to 24hr time. 

How can I fix this? It’s extremely annoying considering the amount I pay for service every month.

Labels (1)
7 Replies

Re: HD box rebooting continuously

shaw-tony

Hey mamainbc,

Thank you for reaching out! I can understand your frustrations as that is an unexpected issue. It may be a signal related issue as the box is trying to reconnect constantly. I will recommend trying some troubleshooting steps here and unplugging the TV box once again for it to reboot. If the problem continues to persist, your best bet is to touch base with technical support to further investigate or schedule a service technician to be on site.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

Re: HD box rebooting continuously

budsgirl
Grasshopper

This started happening to my 3510 PVR at 2 o'clock this afternoon. Apparently it is a Shaw  problem. Mine is just stuck on PSLd and nothing is working. Too bad they didn't take notice when you first posted this yesterday ....

So how did others resolve this issue?? I’m hving the same...

KCatthebat
Grasshopper

So how did others resolve this issue?? I’m hving the same issue now and it’s stopped connecting to my HD box every 1-2 days. I hv to unplug the box and then turn it back on to reboot. It will again work for 1-2 days, then do it again.... please let me know how to get this fixed as it’s irritating. 

0 Kudos

This could be caused by a power issue, if it is continual...

shaw-valerie

@KCatthebat This could be caused by a power issue, if it is continually occurring for you. If you have the PVR connected through a power bar or multi-outlet adapter, you may want to attempt bypassing that equipment, just to eliminate it as a possible factor. If you continue to experience this issue, get in touch with our technical support team here so that they can run some additional testing with you and set up a service appointment if necessary.

0 Kudos

> my HD Box keeps rebooting on its own, comes back on but...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> my HD Box keeps rebooting on its own, comes back on but I can’t do anything on the remote control ...

My experience: I have a PACE HD Terminal that was working fine. It is "PVR-ready", i.e., it has no internal disk-drive to record programs, but one can connect a Shaw Expander external disk-drive (or any other manufacturer's external disk-drive that has an eSATA interface).  When I connected an older Shaw Expander that had been collecting dust for quite a while, the TV picture began to stutter and pixelate, and the unit would reboot.  Hmm.

I disconnected the Shaw Expander, and the HD Terminal returned to normal operation.

I connected the Shaw Expander to an eSATA port on my computer, and downloaded/ran the Seagate SeaTools software to evaluate the disk-drive. Even though the disk-drive was partitioned, and the formatted partitions could not be accessed by Windows, the SeaTools software still worked, and correctly diagnosed that the disk-drive is failing.

I carefully disassembled the Seagate external disk-drive, although it was really designed to be assembled ONCE, and NEVER disassembled. I disconnected & removed the SATA disk-drive, and connected a "spare" SATA disk-drive that I had, and reassembled the device.

When I reconnected the device to the HD Terminal, everything now is working fine -- perfect picture, and the ability to record.

So, my question to you is: though you state that you have a "HD Box", is a Shaw Expander connected to it, or do you really have a PVR with an internal disk-drive?  It could be a "failing" disk-drive that is the root of your problem.

Note that Shaw can remotely access your HD Box, and check for "brown-out" (low levels of AC power reaching your device).

P.S. Recently, I disassembled a PACE PVR that Shaw "sunsetted" on December 8, 2019 -- no longer usable on their network. There was one capacitor on its motherboard that was bulging -- starting to fail.  I wonder about the "age" of your HD Box, and whether your unit also has failing capacitor(s).

Mine is doing the same thing and I'm getting really frust...

Lou123
Grasshopper

Mine is doing the same thing and I'm getting really frustrated especially with the price we pay

-- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum.  It is...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Lou123 -- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum. 

It is not a direct path to Shaw Support (1-888-472-2222).

To alleviate your frustration, I recommend that you contact Shaw, and ask Shaw to replace the probably-faulty unit.  If they want to retain you as a monthly-paying customer, they will help.

I doubt that switching from Shaw TV to Telus TV will decrease the price you pay.

TALK TO US
We're here to help