Jump to solution

Is it possible to turn off the wifi at night and have it auto turn on again in the morning?

amandamutsaerts
Grasshopper

Looking to turn off the wifi completely during the night automatically (as opposed to unplugging every time), not just blocking certain devices at certain times as in bedtime mode

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Re: Is it possible to turn off the wifi at night and have it auto turn on again in the morning?

shaw-tamara

Hi amandamutsaerts 

I'm assuming you're using the BlueCurve Gateway modem, but if you have a different modem please let us know! You could set up a profile with all of your devices if you don't need multiple profiles, and then assign bedtime modem to them for specific hours. You can find the steps for that here if you need them https://community.shaw.ca/docs/DOC-18191

View solution in original post

30 Replies
Jump to solution

Re: Is it possible to turn off the wifi at night and have it auto turn on again in the morning?

shaw-tamara

Hi amandamutsaerts 

I'm assuming you're using the BlueCurve Gateway modem, but if you have a different modem please let us know! You could set up a profile with all of your devices if you don't need multiple profiles, and then assign bedtime modem to them for specific hours. You can find the steps for that here if you need them https://community.shaw.ca/docs/DOC-18191

Jump to solution

to the moderator, I don't think you took the time to read...

The_Big_3
Grasshopper

to the moderator, I don't think you took the time to read the OP question!

Wants to "TURN OFF WIFI.....NOT USE BEDTIME MODE" as that is NOT turning off the wifi.

Jump to solution

Is there anyway to do this? I.e. disable wifi at certain...

Rsbcsurrey
Grasshopper

Is there anyway to do this? I.e. disable wifi at certain times or manually without powering off the gateway?

Jump to solution

I have my modem on a power bar and always shut off intern...

ROYD785
Grasshopper

I have my modem on a power bar and always shut off internet when I go out and every night. But I don't have the gateway system.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Bedtime mode is recommended to limit internet use on the...

shaw-tony

@The_Big_3 @Rsbcsurrey @ROYD785 Bedtime mode is recommended to limit internet use on the BlueCurve modem. You can still certainly disable the WiFi by unchecking the "Broadcast WiFi Name" when accessing the settings here.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Did the moderator even read this. The reply looked like a...

MobiBikesJunk
Grasshopper

Did the moderator even read this. The reply looked like a sale pitch to buy more junk.

dear Shaw:

tell us how to shut the WiFi Router OFF
Explain to us how to save electricity, and reduce the annoying fan turning inside of its drive. 
then go for a coffee. 

Jump to solution

-- Looking to turn off the WiFi completely during the nig...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@amandamutsaerts -- Looking to turn off the WiFi completely during the night automatically (as opposed to unplugging every time)

Think of outdoor lights during Christmas.

An inexpensive mechanical timer is used to power-off the lights at 11 PM, and to power-on those lights the next evening, around dusk. Borrow that timer, reset its "timing-points", and use it to control electrical power to your BlueCurve.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Apparently you can configure-bridge-mode-on the bluecurve...

stasiastarr
Grasshopper

Apparently you can configure-bridge-mode-on the bluecurve gateway. I want to turn the wifi off to ensure less of harmful EMF's for no reason while we are asleep. 

Jump to solution

As far as I am aware, there is no wireless scheduler in t...

victor_vvv
Grasshopper

As far as I am aware, there is no wireless scheduler in the bluecurve modems that will actually disable the wifi network/antennas. The bedtime scheduler just blocks specific ports/devices from accessing the wi-fi which is always on. The solution is to get a second router (ex. linksys) which has a proper wi-fi scheduler that will actually turn off your wireless networks at specified times. Then you can disable the bluecurve wifi completely in it's settings page and enable bridge mode on port 1 of the bluecurve. Tech support should be able to help you with that process.

TALK TO US
We're here to help