PVR Says It's Full But I Have Nothing Recorded

Not applicable

My PVR which is the Motorola DCX3510-M keeps giving me a message that there is no more space left for recording. I checked through the menu and reviewed if there are any recordings... none. I checked the settings and everything in the settings looks good.

Anyone encounter this issue? How'd you fix it?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
6 Replies

Re: PVR Says It's Full But I Have Nothing Recorded

shaw-tamara

Hey  

Sorry to hear you're having troubles with your PVR. Just curious - have you tried rebooting it? That might be all you need to do to get it to recognize the recordings again. To do that you can unplug it for 30 seconds or so and then plug it back in. Let us know if that doesn't fix the issue. Thanks! 

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Yes numerous times. I'm having another issue also but I'm hoping that if I solve this issue then it will fix the other. I haven't had service for the last 4 days... We do have a tech scheduled tomorrow but I am hoping that by resolving the memory issue that it possibly would solve the other...

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

That is certainly odd. It may be a faulty PVR. I'd recommend having the technician take a look while he is on site with you.

0 Kudos

This means that your hard drive is corrupted and you need...

Tuesjuly5
Grasshopper

This means that your hard drive is corrupted and you need a new device

Can you replace the HD?

BizzyBea
Grasshopper

Can you replace the HD?

0 Kudos

wrote: can you replace the HD? Assuming that you have an...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@BizzyBea wrote: can you replace the HD?

Assuming that you have an older PVR that does have an internal HD, there are some issues:

1. "tampering" with it may cause Shaw/Rogers to refuse to give you a no-fee replacement (or upgrade);
  2. you'll need a special screw-driver, to remove the special screws from the back of the unit;
  3. you'll need familiarity & technical skills for swapping the HD;
  4. you'll need a special disk-drive (5900, not 5400 RPM) that is capable of handling multiple simultaneous traffic (watch one channel while recording a different one). These (expensive) disk-drives usually are part of a multi-camera video-monitoring system, to record all the surveillance feeds;
  5. at the first power-on after reassembling, the PVR will recognize that the HD has changed, and must be "formatted" for first use;
  6. at the first power-on, the PVR may need to download its programming, which may take about 15 minutes.

Instead, two recommendations:

1. contact Shaw/Rogers, for a no-cost replacement/upgrade;
  2. some older PVRs supported an external disk-drive. Shaw called it the "Shaw Expander".  Connect it, and new recordings might be recorded onto it, instead of the internal disk-drive.

Short answer: if you have to ask "how to replace", you probably should not attempt it.

P.S. try to NOT electrocute yourself, nor to have static electricity "zap" the replacement HD.   🙂

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help