Jump to solution

IPTV in Vancouver Area

rolyat77
Grasshopper

Not sure who to send this to, so perhaps someone at Shaw can action or point me in the right direction.

It is my understanding that the Vancouver area will begin to receive IPTV service in the next couple of weeks. I have been looking forward to this for some time, finally getting a few of the channels I watch in HD.

I have all the necessary equipment to allow for such a transition, the latest BlueSky equipment and of course an XB-6 Modem.

It was recommended I contact Shaw and request I be put on the list to have this service enabled as soon as possible.
Can you help me with this? If not, can you point me to someone with whom I can make this request?

Thanks,

John

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Re: IPTV in Vancouver Area

shaw-tony

Hey rolyat77,

I have some amazing news for you . BlueSky TV enhancements are now available in Vancouver!! You can find more info here.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Jump to solution

shaw-tony

Hey rolyat77,

I have some amazing news for you . BlueSky TV enhancements are now available in Vancouver!! You can find more info here.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

Jump to solution

bostonbob
Grasshopper

shaw-tony wrote:

I have some amazing news for you . BlueSky TV enhancements are now available in Vancouver!! 

Tony - any chance that those of us here in Vancouver with the Gateway system will eventually get access to these new HD channels ????

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

rolyat77
Grasshopper

Thanks Tony, it is up and working! Finally Fox News (don't judge) and TCM in HD, had to get tech support to bang my box to get a couple of channels that were missing as if not subscribed, but otherwise trouble free. The enhancements to Free Range TV are also great. The availability of a wireless box is cool; unfortunately I am running in bridged mode so can't take advantage of that. Not a big deal though as I have coax wherever I would want to run a tv and those nice technicians ran a second drop, so signal up the wazoo here. They actually replaced the cabling with two new heavy duty lines, the wire is twice the diameter of the previous cable. Apparently they will handle more than I could ever need... Who needs fiber when it just converts to coax anyway???

thanks for your info, it is appreciated

John

Jump to solution

shaw-tony

Hey bostonbob, I haven't heard of any plans/word about that at this time. If/when we do launch that, there will be an announcement.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

bostonbob
Grasshopper

shaw-tony wrote:

Hey bostonbob, I haven't heard of any plans/word about that at this time. If/when we do launch that, there will be an announcement.

Tony - thanks for the update but I sure won't be holding my breath for these new HD channels. It just seems like SHAW really doesn't care anymore about their Gateway customers. Oh they'll still take our monthly payments but we're not getting jack as far as new HD channels are concerned.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help