Jump to solution

another suspected junk issue ?

Not applicable

Hello out there.

I'm having an issue.

When I send email from my android phone (using bluemail and my default shaw email account) the suspected junk gets appended to the subject. If I send from shawmail or the computer there's no junk added.

I've looked at the other threads with no success, I've removed the "signature with a  link" from my email app. My IP isn't listed at the spamhaus project.

So the problem is MOST people I email have Shaw accounts so the emails from my phone are going to their junk, including mine, and not getting downloaded. Once I login to shawmail and set as not junk I get the ones I sent to myself while testing.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

It's an LGG6 Android 8 with Bluemail. Same happens with LG's default email program.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Re: another suspected junk issue ?

shaw-tony

super odd indeed. I will continue our conversation over DMs.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Jump to solution

shaw-tony

Hey boight,

There may be something on your LG phone that is attaching a link or something to get flagged. Do you have another wireless device to test if the same thing happens?

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Not applicable

I have my moto G6 here and same thing. Subject gets the suspected junk mail added.

Upon further investigation all mail sent from my shaw email accounts gets the appendage. Apparently I was mistaken yesterday as even email from my computer (hardwired) using (thunderbird) gets it added. On the bright side no problems if I use webmail.

This is awful. And worse I don't for how long it's been going on. I receive emails with no issues on all devices.

Oh.. and it gets worse. email from the wife's phone (shaw email acct) also has the appendage. I don't know if it effects all her recipients.

p.s. I don't see any link attached to the emails. I can send you one and you can check for yourself.

So logically, now both hardwired and wifi has the issue so it's either a setting in my Hitron modem/router or something closer to your end.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

shaw-tony

Can you use a different 3rd party email client or the one included with the devices to see if the issue persists? It may just be an issue from Blue mail as I haven't heard of any other reports of this issue. If the issue lies with Blue mail, I'd recommend touching base with them to resolve the issue. I checked your email address for any spam issues and don't see you flagged.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Not applicable

So.. my wife's blackberry with default email, my moto g4 and LG g6 using two different email apps and the home computers all get flagged. This is using any of my 7 or so shaw email addresses.

I can send and receive from my Gmail account no problem.

I can forward any received email to shaw email accounts and it doesn't get flagged.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

shaw-tony

boight that is super odd. Are there any special signatures you are using? I'll send you a DM to your Community Inbox so you can list the email addresses and to send me a test email.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Not applicable

I've checked with all my @shaw recipients and they're all getting my emails in the webmail junk folder.

I've been sending from 4 different email accounts, 4 different devices (3 wifi and 1 hardwired), each with their own email client and it's always the same.

I've checked my IP and it's not flagged.

My gmail works fine

What da heck?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

shaw-tony

super odd indeed. I will continue our conversation over DMs.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Hmm.. since the shaw update here, I've lost the conversat...

Boight
Grasshopper

Hmm.. since the shaw update here, I've lost the conversation. Awaiting your reply/ideas.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Hey  I have sent you another direct message regarding thi...

shaw-tony

Hey @Boight I have sent you another direct message regarding this issue.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help