rbosch

GATEWAY Guide

Discussion created by rbosch on Mar 13, 2013
Latest reply on Mar 13, 2013 by kevinds

Since having my Gateway installed yesterday, I have had a lot of little problems with the new setup.  Most of them will become resolved as time passes, I am sure, but I find the new system frustrating, compared to my original PVR system.  Here are a few:

1.  I find the channel guide hard to read and there is no way to change the background colours or text size.

2.  In order to have only one remote to use, I purchased a Logitech Harmony and I can now turn on and off all attached equipment

3.  The PVR setup does not even resemble the old system and leaves a lot to desire.  Just another frustration.

4.  There is no way of setting reeminders.  It is not even an option.  I used that segment a lot.

5.  The oncreen appearance for series recordings is strange.

All in all, I am sure I will get used to the new system.  I do enjoy the capability to record up to 6 channels at a time, which is one of the main reasons I switched over.  The whole hous PVR is great, as I now have full access to all my channels in more thatn one room, which also is a great improvement.

My one hope is that they will improve the product appearances, which would make things into a better transition from the old system to the new..

Outcomes