Since having my Gateway installed yesterday, I have had a lot of little problems with the new setup. Most of them will become resolved as time passes, I am sure, but I find the new system frustrating, compared to my original PVR system. Here are a few:
1. I find the channel guide hard to read and there is no way to change the background colours or text size.
2. In order to have only one remote to use, I purchased a Logitech Harmony and I can now turn on and off all attached equipment
3. The PVR setup does not even resemble the old system and leaves a lot to desire. Just another frustration.
4. There is no way of setting reeminders. It is not even an option. I used that segment a lot.
5. The oncreen appearance for series recordings is strange.
All in all, I am sure I will get used to the new system. I do enjoy the capability to record up to 6 channels at a time, which is one of the main reasons I switched over. The whole hous PVR is great, as I now have full access to all my channels in more thatn one room, which also is a great improvement.
My one hope is that they will improve the product appearances, which would make things into a better transition from the old system to the new..