Yesterday you may have noticed some changes to the organization of Shaw On Demand on our non-HD Guide and non-Gateway hardware. We've made some changes to make it easier to get to great content faster. Additionally, we've introduced more TV on demand content from: A&E, AMC, ABC Spark and Food Network Canada.
Introducing VOD Search
For those of you with DCX3400 and DCX3200 hardware, you will also notice that Search can now be found on the main VOD menu. This function allows you to search our entire on demand catalog right from your remote (that's over 9,000 titles!). This feature was previously only available on HD Guide and Gateway. Watch for this feature on more hardware in the coming months.
- All TV content is now located within "TV On Demand"
- This content is available at no charge for the TV networks included in your package
- Shaw Kids Club content can also be found here; included at no charge for all Shaw customers
- "My VOD" --> "My On Demand"
- Here is where you will find your Subscription content: Movie Central with HBO Canada, Super Channel and TMN.
- Remember, if you can't find your favourite TV shows and movies in this category, try out the new Search function on the main menu.
- Retirement of "Featured"
- This content has been dispersed throughout TV On Demand and the Movies folder. We want to reduce the number of navigation points you have to visit to find great content.
- Introducing "Recommended"
- Keep your eye on this section for notable movies that might not be top of mind when searching for something to watch
- "Music" is easier to find
- Listen to playlists, catch up on some concerts, or try out your Karaoke skills.
This change represents the first step in updating the Shaw On Demand experience. Over the next couple of months, watch for even more enhancements!