AnsweredAssumed Answered

No Dial Tone instead a Busy Tone  -  What is going on?

Question asked by nancanada1 on Mar 20, 2013
Latest reply on Mar 21, 2013 by shaw-lance

Since 8:30pm tonight when I fell down in my backyard and went to call the Registered RN number to see if I should go to the hospital. I am disabled, my phone has not been working. A friend has been trying to phone me since that time too and has emailed me asking me what is wrong with my phone. I've checked all of my connections. The phone was fine earlier. I've bought a new phone and answering machine last fall when I signed up with Shaw land line service. How would I find out if Shaw is working on any lines in the area that I live in if my phone is not working? How do I report my phone not working when I am disabled and do not have a cell pohne and do not have access to going to a payphone? I logged into My Account and I can't even report a problem with my services there. That is precicely the place I should be able to report an interruption of my services so that I will not be billed for the time when my phone is not working. Yes, I checked the batteries in my phone and replaced them. No change in the busy signal I got. The answering machine does not take batteries and is operating just fine. Yes, I did unplug the phone and plug it directly into the phone modem. No change in the busy signal. So, could someone please help understand what is going on with my phone? It is an essential service for someone such as me with a disability. And because I am on a government disability pension, I am living below the poverty line and cannot afford to eat properly let alone afford both a land line and a cell phone for emergency backup. Date: March 19, 2013 Phone service interrupted since 8:30pm Vancouver, BC All lights on Phone Modem lit except these: Line 1 and Telephone 2. Thank you for your assistance in this matter. Sincerely NanCanada1

Outcomes