AnsweredAssumed Answered

Stopping the recording of a show- Why so difficult?

Question asked by instagood on Apr 7, 2013
Latest reply on Apr 10, 2013 by instagood

Okay, long story short; this is the dumbest thing I have seen yet on the gateway. if i'm recording a program and I decide to stop it by pressing the stop button on the remote, the program will disappear and the pvr list opens and asks me to confirm that i want to stop recording; when i click yes it goes back and stays in the pvr list and shows no preview of the show in the top right. If I press zoom to go back to the channel its just a black screen with the Shaw logos sliding down the screen. Wheres the program I was watching? I then have to enter the channel number to go back to it and watch it...

So my question is this, why would the gateway have such a process as this? So many unnecessary steps just to stop a recording. Also, why doesn't the gateway just stop recording and just give me a confirmation to stop the recording on the screen without bringing me to other menus etc... The previous Motorola box I had did the confirmation right on screen while the show is still going- so simple right?

So why does gateway need such a long and inconvenient process just to stop a recording?

Outcomes