AnsweredAssumed Answered

Motorola DCT700/US problem powering up

Question asked by jimsteinhauer@shaw.ca on Apr 9, 2013
Latest reply on Apr 9, 2013 by kevinds

Hi,

I have a Motorola DCT 700 digital CATV converter box and it has suddenly failed (amber power light went out and signal to TV dropped).  Unit is about 3 years old.  I tried unplugging, replugging the transformer, changing power outlets, and following the reset procedure for this unit I found on the web - all to no avail.  I have a more advanced Shaw unit in my home in our main living area and it works fine, so it isn't the cable.  I tested the transformer with my multimeter and it puts out the proper DC voltage (14.3 volts unloaded).

When I leave the unit for a minute or so unplugged, and then plug it in, the amber light comes on for about a second, the red light flickers on, and then both turn off.  Nothing I do at this point turns the unit on unless I unplug the unit and try again.

Running the reset procedure (holding any remote button while plugging/unplugging power, then following sequence of pressing 3, 2, and 8 within three seconds of each other, works correctly, but after the procedure the amber and red light power off and the unit goes dead.

I assume major failure of this unit and replacement is necessary.  Please advise.  Thanks.

Jim

Outcomes