AnsweredAssumed Answered

Sportsnet World - No HD?

Question asked by casper on Apr 10, 2013
Latest reply on Apr 10, 2013 by [shaw]jeff

Picked up a 3510-M in December (which is a whole different bag of issues) for the express purpose of subscribing to SNW and getting the HD feed (being an MPEG4 channel, and my old box wouldn't do it, and it's hard to justify the cost for a just the SD feed).

Signed up for the channel... took a couple follow-up calls in to Customer Service to both get the box up and running, as well as to get the newly-subscribed channels to work. The new channels finally work, but no SNW in HD.

Call back in to CS, only to find out that the channel isn't available in HD in my area, 'pending an upgrade of your local hub'. This alone is baffling, given that I live in a relatively newly developed, densely-populated neighbourhood in a Vancouver suburb. Left the subscription in place as we were told that it should be done in the next 4-6 weeks.

That was 4 months ago. Is there ANY way to find out if/when these apparent network upgrades will be done in my area? The CSR we spoke to had very little to offer in terms of information...

Outcomes