AnsweredAssumed Answered

Netflix, MLB.tv, and other streaming services annoyence

Question asked by thatotherguy on Apr 22, 2013
Latest reply on Apr 28, 2013 by shaw-matt

What once was a one-a-week problem has become an everyday problem. I should be getting 20mbps download, but almost everyday it seems that it will suddenly go down to just over 5mbps, and stay like that for at least 2 hours. I know for a fact I have no file-sharing services open, not even an internet browser open on my computer, and nothing connected to Wi-Fi. I have even tried unplugging everything from the modem except for my PS3, but it doesn't help.

My biggest issue with this, is that I am NEVER able to watch streaming services like MLB.tv or Netflix with ease. It will stay HD quality for about a minute and a half before it becomes very pixely, and sometimes stops completely. It happens both to my computer and my PS3, both of which are connected via an Ethernet cord. When I had Sasktel, I never had this problem.

So I guess my question is, is there anything I can do? I don't see why my speeds should drop for no reason. I'm certain it isn't because of high bandwidth time's (if that's even a factor) either, because it happens to me at anytime (it could be 1:00pm, or 3:00am.).

Outcomes