AnsweredAssumed Answered

Connectivity problem with DLNA server and Cisco DPC3825 wireless router

Question asked by tcima7 on May 27, 2013
Latest reply on May 27, 2013 by shaw-colin

I have a Shaw-provided Cisco DPC3825 wireless modem / router.  I recently set up a DLNA server on my PC and am trying to connect to it.  My connected devices are having problems seeing the DLNA server and only work intermittently at best.  I've tested with both an Android tablet and blu-ray player, both of which come with DLNA clients.  I understand that if UPnP on the router is misconfigured, this issue can occur.

I went into the web interface for the wireless router (http://192.168.0.1) and navigated to the Administration tab.  This is where the UPnP option should be, but it is not visible.  Interestingly, I checked the source code for the Administration page and there are some references to UPnP that seem to be hidden.  I also heard there was a recent firmware update that may have hidden this option.

What I want to know is any or all of the following:

• Does the Cisco DPC3825 router provided by Shaw support UPnP after the latest firmware update?
    • If yes, how can I check if its enabled and/or configure it?
  • Are there any other common issues at the router or operating system level that would prevent my DLNA server from being seen by client devices?

I would appreciate any help on this.  If you need more information, let me know and I'll be happy to provide it.

Thanks in advance.

Outcomes