I had Gateway installed this week. While it is handy being able to watch a recording on any television set, I confess, so far, I really hate Gateway. Perhaps you can help me improve my experience which stems from losing features I had with the digital PVR.
- Can I create multiple favorites lists? I am suffering from too much information. For example, I used to have a "news" list with ONLY my favorite news outlets. While I chose to include BBC World, CTV NewsNet and CBC, I did not include Fox News. Using the news filter gives me everything from al jazeera to the local news in Detroit to sports news. Too much info! I had another favorites list that included only the major networks.
- Can I view my favorites in an easy to read grid?
- Can I set a reminder when a show is about to start?
- Can I increase the font size as much of the text is too small
- As I eliminated channels from the channel list, I discovered I would have to repeat the process on every TV. .While this process really should be automated, is there at least a way to do it only once?
- Are there shortcuts I can use in navigating the menu? Moving from favorites to involve 8 clicks. Can I go to favorites or PVR recordings more directly?
I appreciate any help on these issues or on getting used to Gateway generally.