AnsweredAssumed Answered

Is it possible to connect a DVR Surveillance system to Shaw Gateway?

Question asked by robertjardine on Jun 30, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 30, 2013 by mark_vse

I would like my Samsung 4 channel DVR surveillance system to work with all the TV's in my home. I've spoken to Shaw customer service twice and a couple of Techs I met on the streets at different times and no one seem to have the correct information.

One Tech told me that I need a Digital Tuner/ Modulator, the same system thats used in apartment buildings to convert analog signal to digital. I was told its expensive and could be bought at Future shop or Best Buy. I went into the stores but no one seem to know about this item.

I called my electrician friend last night and he post a very interesting question. IF THE SYSTEM IS WORKING NOW WITH 4 CAMERAS GOING INTO THE SAMSUMG DVR AND THAT SIGNAL IS GOING OUT TO 1 TV THROUGH A HDMI CABLE, IT MEANS THAT THE DVR HAS ITS OWN BUILT IN DIGITAL TUNER/ MODULATOR.

The system is set up that I can only see the cameras from 1 TV, there has to be a way to see them on all the TV's in my home using my Gateway system with the Samsung DVR being able to convert the signal to Digital.

Come on wise guys at Shaw, put your heads together and figure this one out

Outcomes