I am trying to set up my new iphone 5 with my webmail. I can receive emails but not send. I've followed the steps. Now what?! Help!!!
Thanks Tegan & Kevin. I logged into my Shaw webmail > went to Preferences > Mobile Devices and checked my password. It worked so I decided to delete the account on my iphone and start over. Low and behold it worked. Thanks for your time!! It is truly appreciated.
What settings did you use?
Are you getting any error messages?
what was posted on the Shaw website > for outgoing SMTP mail.shaw.ca, added my username & password, SSL is ON, Authentication PASSWORD, Server Port 587
Main - Mobile Devices
Check password, making sure your password is strong enough, then Save
See if it allows you to send after that.
That is the thing I thought of first. So I changed my password and it gave me a thumbs up! Still no success.
And you hit Save, after it told you your password was good?
Is so, we need a shaw-moderator to check/confirm that Remote Access is enabled on your account.. Or enable it..
[shaw]tegan are you still on?
It did save as I have been using it. I'm not sure how to confirm the Remote Access is enabled.
The 'check password' screen in Webmail doesn't change your password... But after getting the good result (from checking) and then Save, may enable it
Otherwise we need the Moderator to check (and enable)
kevinds thanks for the head's up!
catfamily, I've just checked into the account record for the e-mail address that you used to register for the Community, and I can confirm that remote access has been enabled. If you're using another e-mail address on your iPhone, please let me know and I'll send you a direct message so I can check into that for you.
If the account still isn't working on your iPhone, it may help to remove it completely and set it up again using the set-up steps. You may have already tried that, but sometimes it's worth a shot. Please let me know if you're still getting an error when trying to send out even after removing and re-adding the address.
No problem, glad it worked
I would also suggest trying the Exchange account type instead of POP and SMTP, unless you have a reason that POP is needed.
Retrieving data ...