AnsweredAssumed Answered

Inconsistent Service

Question asked by uncivileng on Jul 7, 2013
Latest reply on Jul 7, 2013 by shaw-matt

I just moved to Burnaby and switched to Shaw as my previous provider isn't available in the building at a rate of speed that I want.

Mind you, most of the time my service works great. But other times the service makes me wonder why I'm paying for it.

I am getting network drops, lag spikes, and complete and utter failures of service randomly through the evenings. I'm paying for a 25 mpbs package so I can game, which is hard to do when at least once an hour or two I get these drops in the evenings. It's not my cables, and not my computer as I never had these issues before I switched over. YouTube has issues playing HD videos as well, taking a good minute to buffer at times.

Not running wireless, and my cable is short (almost a direct connection) to the router. I notice the same issues in my wirelessly connected iPhone at similar times. Mind you, it almost looks like someone dragged my modem (SMCD3GN) behind a car for five clicks with all the scratches on it, but that can't be the problem either, right?

Is it time for Shaw to upgrade infrastructure? Is there anything that can be done, or do I just have to live through it?

Matt

Outcomes