i have tried everything on here except when people have suggested to make sure your account is enabled for remote access...
incoming is pop.shaw.ca
outgoing is mail.shaw.ca
any help is appreciated
Is this of any help to you?
I'll message you directly, to take a further look at the remote access setting on your email address.
I've experienced this problem too many times, but found a solution which works every time:
1. Open the Mail app
2. Select Preferences and then Accounts
3. Select the Shaw account that is having problems
4. Ensure the Outgoing Mail Server is mail.shaw.ca and the box is checked for Use Only This Server
- Test by trying to send mail from the Shaw account; if unsuccessful continue set these changes…
5. Highlight the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) pop-up and select Edit SMTP Server List
6. Remove the item on the list called mail.shaw.ca (select "—" sign, bottom-left)
7. Add a new item on the list and call it mail.shaw.ca, AND... (select "+" sign, bottom-left)
8. Ensure that the setting in Accounts is NOT set to Use SSL (i.e. box is unchecked)
9. Back under the Accounts tab, ensure that the Shaw mail account is set to use the newly created Outgoing Server
10. Ensure the Outgoing Mail Server is mail.shaw.ca and the box is checked for Use Only This Server
11. Back under the Advanced tab, ensure that Use SSL is NOT reset itself (i.e. box is unchecked)
- Test again to send mail from the Shaw account
Retrieving data ...