AnsweredAssumed Answered

Hooking Up Multiple TV's using Shaw's Gateway through a Central Control in Basement?

Question asked by jbizzel88 on Aug 15, 2013
Latest reply on Aug 16, 2013 by kevinds

Hi all,

I have a question in regards to shaw's gateway/portal system.  Keep in mind, I've been trying to hard to understand the processes and the concepts but for some reason i'm having a hard understanding what I need and what needs to be done.  I am moving into a new place where the electrician has already pre-wired the h/v and all wires lead to the electrical room in the basement.  Now this is where I don't really understand what needs to be done.  The spot above the fireplace in the living room has zero room for a Shaw HDPVR box at all.  I was told that it could all be controlled from the electrical room, so I want to be able to run the basement TV along with the living room from that electrical room in the basement.  What would be the best set up for me? I would like to run it so that each room plays different channels.  Would I purchase a Shaw Gateway and two portals (one for the living room and one for the basement) and run it all from the basement? Do the portals come with an IR extender where I can change the channels for the TV in the living room using the shaw remote? or do I have to purchase a seperate IR extender and get that installed? I'm sorry if this doesn't make any sense but if anyone can help, that would be great! Thanks

Outcomes