AnsweredAssumed Answered

I have had to set up a new computer and I can't send any email messages through Thunderbird

Question asked by leverett on Aug 21, 2013
Latest reply on Aug 21, 2013 by [shaw]andrew

I have had to set up a new computer and followed Shaw's directions on how to set up email accounts in Thunderbird.  I can receive emails but I can't send any out - I keep getting the error messages: " login to server mail.shaw.ca failed"  "could not be sent for unknown reason."

I am running Windows XP (I know, I know) and have Norton Anti-virus but I had those on my old computer and my email worked fine through Thunderbird - until now.  I did have to load the latest version of Thunderbird though so I'm wondering if there is some incompatibility with the new Shaw email system and Thunderbird?  But why would it let me receive emails but not send any out?

I also tried using my old configurations of shawmail.vc.shawcable.net for both the incoming and outgoing servers but I get the same error message.

I hope there is a solution to this before I go back to banging my head against the wall..................

Thanks a bunch!

Outcomes