AnsweredAssumed Answered

Account won't send mail

Question asked by igriffith on Aug 27, 2013

Hello,

I am using Office 10 Outlook on an IBM clone computer.  I could receive and send emails up until 2 days ago, when outgoing mail started accumulating in my Outbox. 

I traced the problem to a communication problem with Shaw - Outlook could not contact the Shaw server and timed out on sending. 

I then went into Shaw and got the current Configurations for outgoing mail.  I used the outgoing mail server: mail.shaw.ca.  I have my account and password entered (with remember my password checked).  I selected the outgoing server and placed a check mark next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and selected the same settings as my incoming mail server.  I selected Outgoing server (SMTP): 587 and TLS for encrypted connection.

Now, when I try to send email, I get a request to enter my password.  Over and over and over again. 

So I can receive email, but I can't send it.

Any ideas on what to try next?

(Historically, I have not been able to use the recommended out going server.  Most recently, I have used: mx3.grouptelecom.net, with outgoing server 25 and no authentication.  This had worked for the last several years.)

Thanks,

Irwin

Outcomes