AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can't Log on to Shaw POP3/SMTP Servers

Question asked by spyper on Aug 29, 2013
Latest reply on Aug 29, 2013 by kevinds

I am having major issues accessing my email account on all devices and clients - Outlook 13, Outlook.com, Outlook App on Android. I am not currently a Shaw customer so I don't have Shaw webmail but I still use the @shaw.ca address with MS email clients.

Everything has been working normally but a few days ago I got the following errors when performing send/receive upon Outlook 13 start up:

Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings.  The server responded: -ERR invalid username/password.

Send test e-mail message: Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

I removed the account and tried to re-add it but these errors are still persisting. This makes no sense as everything was working perfectly and the errors seemed to come up unprovoked. Entering the relevant information upon re-adding the account the same way it was before hasn't helped, and my internet connection is fine. Furthermore, I am now unable to send or receive emails from any of my other email clients and devices. I pursued the issue with Microsoft support but they are insisting that this is a server settings/login credentials issue, so I am seeking support here. I really need some help, my email is important and is completely unusable at the moment.

Thanks.

Outcomes