AnsweredAssumed Answered

a couple of questions DPC3825

Question asked by justaquestion on Sep 1, 2013
Latest reply on Sep 1, 2013 by kevinds

The first question really bothers me.

Is it normal if I was to unplug my modem "Cisco DPC3825" then plug it back in for a different modem with a different IP to show up in the program "Microsoft Network Monitor" or Wireshark?

Been having problems lately & have been trying to figure this out.

So when I unplug the modem in the back & from the wall, plug it back in while running Network monitor a 192.168.100.x ip shows up connecting to the DPC3825 along with 9 -- 192.168.33.x ips

I take it the 192.168.33.x ones are guest networks but why so many?

& the 192.168.100.x

When I had run the 192.168.100.x ip through Nmap the other day the topology graphic shows it as far away. & also has the same up time as my gateway.

I have also run my gateway address through Nmap & the OS details comes up as this

"OS details: Cisco EPC3925, Motorola SURFboard SB5101E, or Scientific Atlanta EPC2203 cable modem"

But the modem I am using is a DPC3825? =:/

Also it is normal for the wireless light on the modem to continuously blink when there is no activity on any of the wireless devices that is connected to it?

My desktop doesn't have wireless but if I'm surfing online or even downloading the wireless light blinks ike crazy, as if a wireless devices is doing the same.

Or even when there is absolute no activity on any of the devices wired or wireless the wireless light blinks constant. Like there is activity.

Ive tried changing the SID, the passkey, the password & also as well as restricting mac addresses, but the same thing constantly happens.

Am I just being paranoid, or is this activity normal?

Thanks

Outcomes