lmacri

Question About "All" vs. "New" in Series Recordings for DCX3510-M

Discussion created by lmacri on Aug 31, 2013
Latest reply on Sep 7, 2013 by zackdog

I'm confused about the definitions of "All" vs "New" for series recording in the DCX3510-M guide.

I have created several series recordings with the Episodes to Record option set to All.  I assumed this meant that every episode would be recorded, regardless of the time slot and whether it was a new or repeat episode, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

For example, I created a series recording for Season 2 of Game of Thrones on Showcase Ch 28 with All episodes set to record.  The first airing of S2E1 ("The North Remembers") on Fri Aug 30 @ 9:00 PM CT recorded successfully, but the repeat airing of the same episode on Sat Aug 31 @ 12:45 CT was never scheduled to record (List | Schedule).  Series recordings for older shows like M*A*S*H work the same way - when the same episode airs twice in the same 24-hour period, the first airing in the morning will be scheduled to record but the second airing in the afternoon will not.

Is this a bug, or has Shaw deliberately programmed the guide to only record the first air date of a given episode, regardless of whether the user sets the Episodes to Record option All or New?

Outcomes