mail on macbook fails to send receives ok but I can't send email anymore
It would be helpful if you could reply with the error message you receive. I find that sending issues with Mac Mail is usually fixed by deleting the outgoing server information and then re-entering it.
1. Click the Mail menu, and then select Preferences
2. In the pop-up window, select Accounts from the top panel, choose the email account from the account list on the left, and then click the Account Information tab.
3. Select Edit Server List from the menu then Highlight the SMTP server you want to delete.
4. Click - (beneath the server list) or Remove Server, depending on the Mac OS X Mail version.
5. Now click OK or Done then. Close the Accounts preferences window.
6.Go back in to Edit server list and enter in server name mail.shaw.ca
7. Send a test email.
Let us know what you find out.
What errors do you get when trying to send emails? Mac Mail usually gives pretty good error messages
Retrieving data ...