This has been happening for the last month or so. I first noticed it when I started getting hiccups when streaming on Netflix and Twitch.tv
I am on the 100 Mbps plan, the following speed tests are done on a wired connection directly from the modem to my computer, with no applications/programs running:
As you can see, these speeds do not come anything close to 100 Mbps, I understand that most speed test servers usually do not break ~40 Mbps...but these results speak for themselves.
I then went to test the speed on Shaw's own speed test site and everything looks peachy:
I tried to download something through Steam (as their servers are usually very reliable, I usually get 3.0 MB/s+ on them)...and here is the result, extremely slow actual download speed: