AnsweredAssumed Answered

Will it cost anything to add a receiver we've already paid off onto our plan?

Question asked by staygoldson on Sep 22, 2013
Latest reply on Sep 25, 2013 by sarah_sd

Hello, my fathers got a question and he's not familiar with computers. So here's the question:

We have two receivers that are already paid off and now ours, both are high def. as well.

We're currently paying off our new DVR at the moment and one of the receivers we own isn't activated.

My son pays rent ($400 a month) to live with us and I thought I would try to justify the price by letting him use our old receiver (HDDSR 600).

He's a huge fan of The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Dexter, Sons of Anarchy, etc. but he usually misses his shows because his mother coincidentally has show's on at the same time. He's got a 46 inch HD TV in his room, so I though it'd be nice for him to have this since he's always working. So, would it cost anything to add our old HD reciever (HDDSR 600) to our plan? For example, would it cost activation fees? or would it cost more for my monthly bill?

Someone had told me that I should be able to add our old receiver on to the plan with no costs for activation or to my monthly bill, I would just like to verify this with shaw/community before doing anything? Thanks for listening, please help me out.

Outcomes