Greetings from Winnipeg Manitoba.
To the point, I've been experiencing some DNS issues, mainly when I try to visit a gaming community website I'm an administrator of. I get the generic error message "Connection Timed Out". I can still access the internet just fine.
I've tested my connection using a few devices, ipod touch, ipad, laptop, PC desktop. and from my cell phone with a different provider. From my local network I'm unable to connect to the website using my laptop or desktop tried both LAN and WiFi. However with my ipod and ipad on my local network WiFi I'm able to connect to the website and access my account just fine.
I know the issue isn't with the website as I'm able to connect an access it just fine on other networks..whats puzzling is on my local network I can access it with my Ipod and Ipad.
Here are a list of things I've tried since last week when the issue occurred. All this on my desktop.
- Start \ Run \ type CMD typed Ping wasp-inc.com (100% packet loss on all 4 packets sent.)
- Start \ Run \ type CMD typed Ping Website IP 184.108.40.206. (100% packet loss on all 4 packets sent.)
- Start \ Run \ type CMD typed tracert wasp-inc.com (first result local network ip, second request timed out, 4 thru10 all return routes, 11 to 15 all timed out.- over 30 hops)
- Start \ Run \ type CMD typed tracert website IP 220.127.116.11 (first result local network ip, second request timed out, 4 thru10 all return routes, 11 to 15 all timed out.- over 30 hops)
- Start \ Run \ type CMD typed netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
- Tried different browsers (Firefox, IE, Opera, Chrome, Palemoon)
- Tested the website to see if it was down from services like | Down For Everyone Or Just Me -> Check if your website is down or up?
- Power cycling the modem (SMCD3GN)
- Resetting the modem to default specs using the Reset button located on the rear panel of the modem.
- START \ RUN\ CMD\ ipconfig /flushdns
- Switching Ethernet ports both on modem and on my PC.
- Switching Ethernet cables.
- Uninstalling/Disabling onboard NIC installing new dedicated PCI NIC.
- Uninstalling NIC drivers, Installing new NIC drivers.
- Changing the DNS on the NIC to Google DNS 18.104.22.168, and 22.214.171.124, OpenDNS 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52, unblockus 208.***.***.*** , 208.***.***.***
- Changing the DNS on the Modem/Router to Google DNS 184.108.40.206, and 220.127.116.11, OpenDNS 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124, unblockus 208.***.***.*** , 208.***.***.***
- Checked / backed up and edited C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
- Ran a few virus scans, - Avira AntiViri, AVG, Avast, Trendmicro. (not at the same time and never running all the time unless I specify a scan, all updated manually)
- Ran a few Malware/Adware scans - Hijackthis, Malwarebytes AntiMalware, " " "..
- Ran some basic hard drive maintenance, CCleaner, System Ninja, Wise Registry Cleaner.
- Uninstalled all old programs.
- Ran Microsoft Fix it application ( How to reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP))
- Disabled external components (hard drive, rom etc..)
- Reformat the hard drive,
- Reinstalled Windows 7 OS
- Tried a new Hard drive, format, installed win7 etc..
- START \ RUN \ CMD \ sfc/scannow
- Disabled Windows Firewall
- Disabled Modem/Router Firewall
- START \ RUN\ CMD \netsh winsock reset
- START \ RUN \ CMD\Telnet www.wasp-inc.com 80
- GET /HTTP/1.0
- Tried the "hidden" Admin account on Windows 7 ( Enable the (Hidden) Administrator Account on Windows 7 or Vista ) Pressed F8 at startup to log onto Safe mode with networking, tried to ping and tracert with the the command prompt, also typed tracert and ping wasp-inc.com on Run, also used the Windows Powershell (START \ Accessories ).
Still didn't resolve the issue. I've also tried a friends LAN connection with my desktop and laptop and both connected to the website without any errors or issues. Also when I use a free proxy to access the website I'm able to connect to it just fine, I've confirmed that my account and IP are not blocked by the system admin(s) of the website.