AnsweredAssumed Answered

Early evening pixalization in the Summerland area ??

Question asked by hjnicol on Sep 26, 2013
Latest reply on Oct 3, 2013 by kevinds

Not sure if it's just my service, but I'm noticing increase pixalization (is that a word ?).  I generally watch EVERYTHING recorded on my Gateway (ie, nothing live), so I don't generally know live that there is a problem and thusly can't switch channels to see if the problem is one channel or all of them.   I can, however, determine from the time I recorded the program, the time of the problem.

I called and was told to check all the connections on my Gateway and unplug and re-plug etc etc.   I have noticed that on the one TV that is only on a digital box that it also suffers the same problem, but was told by customer service (which reduced my confidence in their help) to call a number for Gateway support if the problem continues.

So last night, I happened to watch something live.  From 6:06 PM to 6:12 PM I had major pixalization.  I switched to a bunch of different channels, regular and high def, they all had it.   I then turned on the digital only TV and it had it as well.

When I previously called customer service they said my signal was good (can then tell ??)

The rest of the evening it was fine.

I hate intermittent problems, I would rather a major obvious problem.  Flames shooting out of the affected component (well maybe not that obvious).

Outcomes