Why do some emails only come trough partially on the playbook. I have no problems with gmail. How can this be corrected?
Can you view that email completely when login into your email through webmail.shaw.ca?Is the email showing header details like sender, subject, etc. but no body? Is it always from the same sender or senders that you are having problems or is it random?
Always get the header details and the title. Sometimes get a few words or even a sentence but an abrupt end. The message is still fully intact at shaw and. Can read it with web mail or download to my home computer. This can happen with any sender so appears random. I have seen other shaw customers complain about this as well.
I have not personally heard of this issue before. Did you see these customers mention this issue here on community? It sounds like a file conversion issue to me. Do you have a second Shaw email account you can add to test it on? If possible I would suggest deleting the account and re-adding it.
My wife with a different email address has same problem. My brother in law and sister have the same problem and I have talked to other shaw and playbook users who have the same problem. It is random and sometimes wont occur for days and then several emails on the sameday, not necessarily one after the other.
I am a curious which operating system version your playbook is on and what settings you have selected for email configuration and the method of configuration. Pop Vs. Exchange if you could check all that info for me I can roll my playbook back to said software and use the same configuration to see if I am experiencing the same thing.
Os 2.1.0 .1753.
I think its pop as it was set up semi automatically when I got the playbook. I did have to upgrade the shaw software to Zimbra. It has done this from day one even as the os has regularly been upgraded.
I will roll back to that version and test it out and get back to you! Thanks for your patience.
What version do you have? BB tells me no update is available. Is there some other way to set up to get the email?
i have rolled back to 3 differnt market targets and the issue does not persist after updating so I beleieve a factory restore will be your best bet to resolve this issue. I do want to apologize for the delay in getting back to your I was waiting to see if any one from Blackberry could suggest anything to me and Tech support on their end was futile. I hope you have better luck with it going forward.
ps i am using the "native settings" that it auto populates each time I have set it up
In addition I beleive that perhaps when the "flood" of emails comes rolling in is when it happens more then when its a single email unless there was a task interuption while it downloads..
Doing a factory reset does not solve it. It can happen when only one email is is being down loaded. It can happen with a short one or my most recent was a long email that stopped in the middle of a word. It is frustrating.
This is a very odd situation. BB has not really given me much to go on I am using current Arabic and Chinese (Multi- Cultural) market Target software on my playbook. I do not have it on me at the moment to give you the exact number. At this point I am lead to believe that the issue is only with the playbook and potentially local software as I do not expereence it when i go back to my market target. Sorry for the bad news. I would suggest webmail.shaw.ca as a method to circumvent this particular issue.
Retrieving data ...