AnsweredAssumed Answered

Small internet disconnects every 30 seconds

Question asked by teh_gino on Oct 10, 2013
Latest reply on Oct 11, 2013 by kevinds

Hi so for the past week or so I've been experiencing minimal internet disconnections. I've contacted shaw twice about it and we've figured out that it isn't my router or modem that is the problem. Apparently its something in my area, but the problem is that I need my internet to make a living. I stream on twitch for my income that pays my bills and it's already been a week without streaming and shaw still doesn't have an estimated time on when they are going to come fix it. It's pretty annoying because how hard is it to set a damn date for the tech guys to come out and take a look? They obviously haven't even talked to the tech team yet and every second they wait is money off my paycheck. I also have no idea how this even happened, it's been working perfectly for a long time, even if it was a lining issue how do i get random disconnects? shouldn't i get fully disconnected? Pretty much what my problem is I get a brief disruption of service every 30 seconds to a minute for only like 3-5 seconds. It wouldn't be a big deal if i didn't need a consistent connection to make money. My stream just turns off every 30 seconds and its really annoying, I also can't play the game i'm streaming because of it. I've gone off on a rant but just wondering if this has been a problem for anyone else. If shaw takes any longer than 2-3 days I'm just going to switch to telus because I can't lose any more uptime on my stream then I already have.

Outcomes