I just got the Gateway hooked up and so far I'm loving it. Does anyone know if the Gateway has a screen saver and if so, how to turn it on.
This is what i wrote in another post with the correct answer:
2) the screensaver has a timeout of 12 hours. Before it was actually set for 3 hours i think and we received a lot of complaints from customers. Being at 12 hours has been widely accepted by many customers, as now listening to music stations for lengthy periods of time don't time out.
for your reference, the screensaver and activity messages come on at the following:
- paused for 15 minutes will result in the stream going to screen saver
- no activity for 11 hours and 45 minutes will result in prompt about no activity. If another 15 minutes goes by with no activity, it will go to screensaver. Definition of no activity is no button on remote is pushed that causes an action in the portal (ie channel up/down, menu etc).
- Staying on the menu will go to screensaver i think after 5 minutes or 15 minutes. Can't remember which one
- Hitting the stop button will go to screensaver, giving you an indication that nothing is streaming to the portal at the moment. Good for when going to sleep, hitting stop will let you know nothing is streaming.
Yes, the Shaw ) floating down is the screen saver, it starts whenever it isn't streaming a channel.
-Push Stop, and it comes on.
in addition to what kevinds has mentioned, the screensaver will come on automatically after 12 hours of inactivity.
hitting the stop button will yield the screensaver, which is an indication that nothing is streaming to the box.
After leaving it for 12 hours, the channel stops, then showing the screen-saver
So no screen saver kicks in when paused like it did with my old phase 3
Retrieving data ...